- E-mail the Youth Climate Leadership Coordinator, Garrett Marino, at firstname.lastname@example.org that your group is interested in attending.
- Identify the team who will attend the summit
- remember 4-6 PEOPLE make up a team which includes students, teachers, and other chaperones
- Fill out the Google Registration Form with each attendees’ information
- Download and distribute Health & Photo Release Forms. We prefer for you to send us SIGNED scanned copies of the forms before the summit, but if this presents a barrier you are welcome to bring them with you day-of to registration. *if you do not have access to a printer, contact Garrett and he can send you physical copies*
- We are asking all groups to watch the Our Climate Our Future video together before coming to the Summit (length is 45 minutes, you can watch in segments OR as a full video)
- Review the 2023 AYCS agenda on the Youth Climate Program webpage once posted. To get a sense of the agenda from past summits, please check out our 2022 agenda.
What to bring to the Summit:
- SIGNED copy of Health & Photo Consent Form
- Note taking materials (i.e. notebook & pen, computer, tablet, or phone)
- Camera/smartphone to document Summit experience
- Reusable water bottle
- Warm clothing layers & winter shoes (some workshops will be outside)
- Optional: pocket money to shop at The Wild Center gift shop
At The Summit:
- Full attendance on BOTH DAYS of the Summit.
- Once the agenda is released, determine who in your team will attend which workshops (we encourage team members to split up and attend different workshops).
- Work together on Day 2 to develop a Climate Action Plan and timeline for your group.
- Take some time to reflect on your experience at the Summit & rest after 2 big days!
- Keep The Wild Center’s Youth Climate Leadership Coordinator, Garrett Marino (email@example.com) updated with your Climate Action Plan progress, needs, etc. on a monthly basis
- Work hard to successfully implement your Climate Action Plan!