Do you play well with Otters? The Wild Center welcomes members to our team of creative, adventurous people who are dedicated to sharing the stories of the natural world. We are located in the heart of the Adirondacks, and find our inspiration within the abundance of nature surrounding us. We invite you to discover the story of the Adirondacks.
In addition to our full time positions, there are seasonal openings and internships each summer. You are urged to check back to this page as positions will be posted here as they become available.
Click/tap the arrow on the right for more information.
The Wild Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Operate kitchen equipment properly
● Attention to quality control and food service safety
● Preparation of menu ingredients
● Help maintain a neat, clean and sanitary work area
● Be a part of an excellent customer service team
● Minimum age: 16 years old
● Experience in food service a plus
● Must work effectively with visitors and co-workers in a pleasant and courteous manner
Must be able to withstand long periods of time on your feet as well as be able to lift up to 35lbs.
Compensation & Benefits
● Pay: $14.00/hr
● Reciprocal program with various regional attractions
● Complementary family membership to TWC while employed
● The opportunity to work in a LEED certified state of the art facility on a 115 acre site on the Raquette River featuring over 50 species of live exhibit animals
● The Wild Center strives to create an environment where our team thrives both personally and professionally. While life on the job can move at a fast pace, we appreciate the times we can slow down. Whether it’s sharing stories over a staff potluck, being wowed by cool science facts, or taking a break during a meeting to view a cute animal – we make time to grow together as a community.
Seasonal Visitor Service Attendants
Weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) as well as Holiday Weeks
Visitor Services Attendants are responsible for the safety and security of visitors as well as ensuring customer satisfaction.
Sample duties include:
- Front Entrance Greeter
- Wild Supply Retail, Ticket Booth, Snack Kiosk Attendant
- Exhibit Floor
- Light Housekeeping
All positions require a friendly, positive attitude and excellent customer service.
Covid-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
To apply, complete online application below
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at The Wild Center, visit our Volunteers section.
Welcome to Our Community
Our quaint downtown communities are nestled among the forests with mountain views, endless waterways and encompassed by fresh air. Offering four seasons of outdoor fun and activities for your family and friends is what we are about. From secluded backcountry hiking to winter Olympic facilities and everything in between, you can find it here in Tupper Lake and the surrounding Tri-Lakes communities.
Love Where You Work
I love working at The Wild Center because I get to do something different every day. From teaching visitors about the importance of milkweed for monarchs to creating experiences that will make memories for families, I not only get to pursue my passion for nature, but I also get to share it.
Leanne Favreau, Wild Center Naturalist